Usually there is a starting set of typical tasks for new employees in any company, for example:
To simplify the work of a human resources officer and manager, we created a module, which monitors an event of adding new user to the portal, and creates for him a task (or few tasks) by prepared template.
Task template configures in module’s settings (read more in section «Installation»).
Note that the module settings can be set for each task template. For the new employee will be created all template tasks, which you marked in the settings.
If there is a checklist in the template, you will see an additional box of settings —«Enable auto-finish of the task when all items of checklist are ticked?». When this property is enabled, if an employee began to work with this task, and all items of checklist are ticked, the task will be finished automatically.
The task will be created on behalf of the user, who is specified as a producer in the template task. The responsible person, which is specified in the task, will be replaced by a new employee.
Let’s create on the portal two template tasks — one with the checklist and another — without.
Both these templates we will mark in the settings as necessary to create for a new employee.
Now we will add a new user at the portal.
We will authorize with a new account.
We can see, that both template tasks were created for this user.
Cardinal for Self-Hosted Bitrix24
Now consider the joint use of the modules «Autotask by template» and «Cardinal».
The module «Cardinal» allows to configure the sending of messages in the corporate portal chat for a new employee, which performs the items of autotask by template for new employees.
That is, if an employee passes a certain number of items in the checklist of the autotask, he will get a message, specified in the settings of the module.
After installing the module «Cardinal», in the settings of the module «Autotask by template» will appear windows for text of messages for each number of ticked items of the checklist (if the template task has a checklist). For example, window №1 contains the text of message, which the employee will get after passing one item of the checklist. And window №7 — the text of message, which will get an employee after passing seven items of the checklist.
Tick the boxes, for which number of performed items you want to configure sending of messages.
Let's configure the sending of messages for the task «Adaptation of a new employee»:
The employee closed one checklist item, and he receives a message:
Note that symbolic emoticons are converted into images used on the portal.
And when all three items will be completed, the task will be closed automatically, as we markered it in the settings:
1. Download the solution on the Marketplace, specify the path to install.
2. In the administrative part of Bitrix, click Install Updates. In the next window, under the license agreement, tick two boxes and click Apply.
3. Then click Install.
4. After installation go to the public part of the portal and create a template of the task (you can create several templates, with checklists or without).
5. Go to the administrative part of the portal, System settings — Module settings — «Autotask by template».
6. Select the template from the list, tick the boxes «Enable task creating for new users?», «Enable auto-finish of the task when all items of checklist are ticked?» and click «Save». Configure these settings for each template, which you want to be created for a new employee.
7. The module «Cardinal» is installing by analogy with the module «Autotask by template» (download the solution on the Marketplace, specify the path to install). After installation, go to the System settings — Module settings — «Autotask by template». For templates with checklists new settings will appear, namely — windows for text of messages for each number of ticked items of checklist.
8. Tick those windows with numbers of ticked items, for which you want to configure sending of messages. Enter the text of messages under the numbers and click Save.